At GLOW, this contemporary and expanded definition of health is central to our philosophy and integrated into the care that every practitioner at GLOW provides.
During the perinatal period, there is a growing evidence base that shows:
- The critical importance of maternal nutrition on maternal outcomes and infant / child emotional and physical development
- The benefits of maternal and infant massage on maternal and infant wellbeing
- The effectiveness of exercise and mind-body modalities such as mindfulness and yoga on perinatal anxiety and depression.
In response, GLOW is unique in offering a range of services that specifically focus on wellbeing and wellness:
GLOW Dietetics and Nutrition
- optimal nutrition from pre-pregnancy and pregnancy through to post pregnancy and during breast feeding
- healthy eating and weight management during pregnancy and post pregnancy.
- remedial massage
- relaxation massage
- group infant massage classes
- individual infant massage.
- antenatal group exercise
- postnatal group exercise
- Mums and Bubs exercise.
- specialised prenatal yoga
- specialised postnatal yoga
- Mums & Bubs yoga
- focus on core strength, relaxation and mindfulness.
In collaboration with Kellie Edwards Psychologist, Mindfulness Teacher, Parenting Educator and creator of internationally recognised Mindfulness 4 Mothers GLOW brings mindfulness to parents, infants and families in Melbourne's South East
Mindfulness@GLOW Workshop - 1.5 hour workshop facilitated by Kellie Edwards. First workshop Saturday May 28, 2016 9.00am-11.00am.
Only 25 participants.
Learn practical mindful & self compassion exercises to:
- restore and resource you for the marathon of parenting
- open up greater choice in responding to the challenges of daily life as a parent and
- bring more joy and confidence to parenting discover why mindfulness is so beneficial for parents and
- be guided through meditations and exercises that you can realistically continue to gain from in you busy home life.
Mindfulness 4 Mothers Group Program - 1.5 hour week group program created and facilitated by Kellie Edwards
In a small supportive group of 6-12 other parents you will:
Mindfulness 4 Mothers Online
- discover the key resources that can help you flourish as a parent
- be guided through practical exercises you can continue in your busy life at home including some with your babies or children
- learn techniques to steady and restore you through the challenges of parenting
- have lifetime access to Mindfulness 4 Mothers Online
- unique world-class online program offering over 44 Lectures and 7.5 hours of content accessible to you anytime you need
- interviews with 13 world leaders in mindfulness, self compassion, parenthood and positive psychology
- Including Tara Brach, Rick Hanson and Dr Craig Hassad
- downloadable exercises that will support your ongoing well-being and happiness
Most wellness services can be accessed without a referral from your GP
or Obstetrician, and may be covered by private health insurance.
GLOW Dietetics and GLOW Mindfulness with a referral may attract a Medicare rebate.
For further details please see our current consultation and services fee schedule