At GLOW, this contemporary and expanded definition of health is central to our philosophy and integrated into the care that every practitioner at GLOW provides.
During the perinatal period, there is a growing evidence base that shows:
- The critical importance of maternal nutrition on maternal outcomes and infant / child emotional and physical development
- The benefits of maternal and infant massage on maternal and infant wellbeing
- The effectiveness of exercise and mind-body modalities such as mindfulness and yoga on perinatal anxiety and depression.
In response, GLOW is unique in offering a range of services that specifically focus on wellbeing and wellness:
GLOW Dietetics and Nutrition
- optimal nutrition from pre-pregnancy and pregnancy through to post pregnancy and during breast feeding
- healthy eating and weight management during pregnancy and post pregnancy.
- remedial massage
- relaxation massage
- group infant massage classes
- individual infant massage.
- antenatal group exercise
- postnatal group exercise
- Mums and Bubs exercise.
In collaboration with Kellie Edwards Psychologist, Mindfulness Teacher, Parenting Educator and creator of internationally recognised Mindfulness 4 Mothers GLOW brings mindfulness to parents, infants and families in Melbourne's South East
Mindfulness 4 Mothers Group Program - 1.5 hour week group program created and facilitated by Kellie Edwards
In a small supportive group of 6-12 other parents you will:
Mindfulness 4 Mothers Online
- discover the key resources that can help you flourish as a parent
- be guided through practical exercises you can continue in your busy life at home including some with your babies or children
- learn techniques to steady and restore you through the challenges of parenting
- have lifetime access to Mindfulness 4 Mothers Online
- unique world-class online program offering over 44 Lectures and 7.5 hours of content accessible to you anytime you need
- interviews with 13 world leaders in mindfulness, self compassion, parenthood and positive psychology
- Including Tara Brach, Rick Hanson and Dr Craig Hassad
- downloadable exercises that will support your ongoing well-being and happiness
Call Reception on 9769 5606, sign up to our Hello From GLOW emails or follow us on Facebook and Instagram to hear about upcoming groups.
Most wellness services can be accessed without a referral from your GP
or Obstetrician, and may be covered by private health insurance.
GLOW Dietetics and GLOW Mindfulness with a referral may attract a Medicare rebate.
For further details please see our current consultation and services fee schedule